Your child must meet State mandated immunization requirements in order to attend any licensed day care, preschool, public, parochial or private school in New Jersey. All new students and all students entering PreK and Kindergarten are to be examined by their physician. Also required is documentation of all immunizations dates.
Medical forms can be found on the bottom of this page.
Students entering PreK
- Must have a minimum of 4 doses of DPT
- Must have a minimum of 3 doses of Polio
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) on or after the first birthday
- 3 Hib doses with one dose on or after the first birthday
- 1 dose of Varivax (Chicken Pox) on or after the first birthday
- At least one dose of Pneumococcal on or after the first birthday
- Annual dose of Influenza Vaccine is required for students ages 6 months through 59 months of age. Students who do not receive the vaccine by December 31 will be excluded from school for the duration of the influenza season.
Students entering Kindergarten
- Must have a minimum of 4 doses of DPT with one dose on or after the 4th birthday
- Must have a minimum of 3 doses of Polio with one dose on or after the 4th birthday
- A second dose of Measles, usually given in a second MMR
- 1 dose of Varivax on or after the first birthday
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine
Students entering Sixth Grade
- 1 dose of T-dap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis) given no earlier than the 10th birthday
- 1 dose of Meningococcal Vaccine
Tb testing is required for those entering a school system in NJ for the first time if born in a high Tb incidence country.
Authorization to Administer Medication in School (pdf)
Authorization for Self-Administration of Medication in School (pdf)
Authorization to Administer Epinephrine in School (pdf)