ADVANCING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Students in Grades 4 through 8 at Saint James the Apostle School are eligible to participate in Honor Roll each trimester.
- Student must earn an "A" average or higher in all major subjects and an "O" or "S" in minor subjects. A grade of "U" will not be allowed in the Personal Development and Effort section of the report card.
- Student must earn a "B" average or higher in all major subjects and an "O" or "S" in minor subjects. A grade of "U" will not be allowed in the Personal Development and Effort section of the report card.
- MAJOR SUBJECTS: Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Socials Studies, Science (World Language for Grades 6-8)
- MINOR SUBJECTS: Art, Music, Physical Education/Health, Intro to World Language, Technology
Honor Roll Recognition
Shortly after the distribution of report cards, students receive a certificate during Morning Prayer. Student names are published in the school's bi-weekly newsletter, "The Panther's Beat," as well as in the church bulletin and in press releases that are sent out to the local area media.
Celebration of Learning
The school community gathers one last time on the last day of school in the "Celebration of Learning." Students are recognized in the following ways:
- Certificates of Promotion: Grades 1-3 only
Students in Grades 4 to 7 are recognized for their achievements as follows:
- Subject Areas: All As in a subject for all marking periods
- Honor Roll
- Distinguished Honors: All As in all subjects in all marking periods
- Class Rankings - top three students
- Physical Fitness awards
- Citizenship awards
2019 - 2020 First Trimester Honor Roll
Grade 4 – Rolando, Madison, Jolie, and Ryan
Grade 5 – John and Madalyn
Grade 8 – Jamie and Ethan P.
Grade 4 – Suhailah, Alexia, Demilade, Giovanni, Rachel, Michael, Christian and Anthony
Grade 5 – Alexa, Ethan, Payten and Madison
Grade 6 – Magdalene, Sophia, Sarai, Christopher and Colby
Grade 7 – Gavin, Jayson, Emmanuelle, Julia and Alexandra
Grade 8 – Kumud, Ethan S. and Tierney