ADVANCING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Students in Grades 4 through 8 at Saint James the Apostle School are eligible to participate in Honor Roll each trimester.
- Student must earn an "A" average or higher in all major subjects and an "O" or "S" in minor subjects. A grade of "U" will not be allowed in the Personal Development and Effort section of the report card.
- Student must earn an "B" average or higher in all major subjects and an "O" or "S" in minor subjects. A grade of "U" will not be allowed in the Personal Development and Effort section of the report card.
- MAJOR SUBJECTS: Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Socials Studies, Science (World Language for Grades 6-8)
- MINOR SUBJECTS: Art, Music, Physical Education/Health, Intro to World Lanuage, Technology
Honor Roll Recognition
Shortly after the distribution of report cards, students receive a certificate during Morning Prayer. Student names are published in the school's bi-weekly newsletter, "The Panther's Beat" , as well as in the church bulletin and in press releases that are sent out to the local area media.
Celebration of Learning
The school community gathers one last time on the last day of school in the "Celebration of Learning." Students are recognized in the following ways:
- Certificates of Promotion: Grades 1-3 only
Students in Grades 4 to 7 are recognized for their achievements as follows:
- Subject Areas: All As in a subject for all marking periods
- Honor Roll
- Distinguished Honors: All As in all subjects in all marking periods
- Class Rankings - top three students
- Physical Fitness awards
- Citizenship awards
3rd Trimester Honor Roll 2018-2019
Grade 4 –Madalyn Polinger
Grade 5 –Magdalene Battista, Colby Tavare s
Grade 7 – Jamie Jules, Ethan Pinho
Grade 8 – Adam Cordeiro, Patricia Falar
Grade 4 – Yamin Mason Terrazar, Ethan Pierre Philippe, Payten Santiago, Madison Stradford
Grade 5 – Kyla Burdin, Jenna Cherenfant, Sophia Hetrick, Abigail Jules, Alexander Kieschke, Isabella Martins, Si’yana Shivers, Cheyenne Simon
Grade 6 – Gavin Diaz, Jayson Gbologa, Quentin Goodwin, Julia Landicho, Alexandra Morales, Emily O’Donohue, Aiden Ricketts, Samuel Soto
Grade 7 – Jessica Markovicz, Daniel Rueda, Ethan Stewart, Tierney Vesey
Grade 8 – Josh Concejo, Sierra Latonnel, Elizabeth Lopez, Katherine Pascuite, Karla Perez-Palacios, Brielle Pierre-Philippe, Samantha Wolf